On Palm Sunday we will experience the last week of Christ’s life in a new and creative way. We will not hold regular services on March 25, but invite you and your family to come anytime between 9:30 and 11:30 am and participate in an interactive prayer walk. Through 10 stations we will touch, hear, see and really experience the events leading to Christ’s sacrifice and be reminded that this was all done for us. The experience takes about 45 minutes, childcare will be provided.
We have received some questions about what to expect on Palm Sunday so we wanted to share some information to help you get the most out of this experience.
- The building has been set up in a “museum style” format where you will move from room to room. There are directional signs the entire way to guide you, and we have also provided a map as an overview.
- This whole journey will take about 45 minutes. Each station will take between 3-5 minutes, but because the stations are intended for reflection, you are welcome to skip a station or stay at one station for a longer time. We want you to go at your own pace, but also please be aware of others waiting for a station you have been at for a while.
- You are encouraged to participate as a family. You are welcome to respond to each other, but please keep speaking to a whisper.
- Parents Please Note: There are two stations that may not be suitable for young children. They both have a “Parental Warning” sign before you enter that station and Family Friendly instructions are available outside these stations, but you may simply skip that station and move on to the next one if you prefer. REMEMBER shows images of Jesus on the cross. INSULT is an intense auditory and visual experience depicting anger.
- We have a few volunteers positioned throughout the experience. If you need help with a station or would like prayer, they are available.
The entire experience is designed for you to connect with the last days of Jesus on a very personal level. We hope you will join us.